Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pork Chops for Dinner

All you newbie cooks here is a perfect pork chop recipe.
Stuffed Pork Chops.
This main course takes 15 minutes to prepare, 25-30 minutes to cook and it serves 6.
You will need:
  1. 6 pork loin chops, 1" thick, bone in
  2. 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  3. 1/2 teaspoon  of black pepper
  4. 1 cup of bread crumbs ( I make my own from old bread)
  5. 1/2 cup of smoked mozzarella or smoke Gouda cheese
  6. 1/4 cup of chopped ham, I like prosciutto
  7. 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
  8. 1/2 cup of water or 1/2 cup of red wine (I like Chianti)

  1. Trim the excess fat from the chop. Slit a pocket into the meaty part of each chop cutting towards the bone. Season each chop with salt and pepper.
  2. In a mixing bowl combine the bread crumbs, cheese, ham and salt and pepper. Stuff this mixture into the chop and secure it closed with a toothpick.
  3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over a medium flame. Cook each chop for 3-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.  Add the liquid (water or wine) and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 25 minutes or until tender and white throughout. Remove the toothpicks and serve.

This dish should be accompanied by a green salad and rice pilaf. If you are a white wine drinker, choose a Pinot Grigio or a Chablis. If you prefer red, Pinot Noir is the best choice, but a Merlot will do just fine.

Anytime you want my recipes for any dish I mention or preference I note, email me at mesplanners@gmail.com or post a comment here.

No comments:

Post a Comment